Wednesday, November 26, 2008
Monday, November 24, 2008
Things to Do for Thanksgiving
- Volunteer at a soup kitchen.
- Invite a friend for dinner that would be spending the holiday alone.
- Send a thank you card to the troops.
- Watch the Thanksgiving Day parade.
- Donate canned goods to a local food shelter.
- Have your kids make place cards while the turkey is in the oven.
- Play a game of flag football.
- Tell your family what you are thankful for around the table or keep a thanksgiving journal documenting each family members' comments through the years.
- Take a walk after dinner.
- Set up a craft table for kids to make turkeys out of construction paper and pine cones. Have coloring sheets available for younger kids.
- Draw names for Christmas gifts.
- Play games with your family. (Catch Phrase is a favorite of ours)
- Watch a Christmas movie.
- Jot down gift ideas while everyone is together to make Christmas shopping easier, especially for those taking advantage of Black Friday sales.
- Bring leftovers to an elderly neighbor.
Friday, November 21, 2008
Wednesday, November 19, 2008
Friday, November 14, 2008
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
My mom made their bows in aboout 5 minutes. Wish I had those skills!
Caramel apples dipped in chocolate and pecans.
Chili with cheese cut with a cookie cutter.
Mummy dogs. Tried adding mustard eyes but it looked like a cyclops!