Monday, February 22, 2010

Neutral Decor

My husband is out doing a little grocery shopping (yes!)...so I thought I'd post a quickie with some inspiration.  Lately I've been trying to define my design style.  According to the HGTV quiz, it's "Romantic".  I went to the library last week and brought home a dozen decorating books.  Well from that, my style seems to be a mix of Modern Country, Thrifty Chic, Well-Worn, Cottagey, & Southern.  According to the new issue of Real Simple, my style is a cross of Casual Chic and Vintage Eclectic.  I still don't really know what to call my taste, but what I do know is that I love me some neutral decor.  I love color, don't get me wrong, but neutral is so relaxing.  I love being able to go shopping and not have to worry if something fits in with my color scheme.  Here are a few "Neutral" Rooms courtesy of BHG.

 
  
  
  
  
  
  
  
  
  

The last 4 are my favorites.  Ahhhhh....


6 comments:

Chrissy L. said...

I am sooo in love with the "good nite" bedroom! I personally would classify your style as "Southern Chic."

Fancy said...

I am too! I am going to copy it in my guest bedroom and you can spend the night in it! :)

Sygnet Creations said...

I love the light fixture in the first one... I would so have that in my home... I am with Chrissy on the 'good nite' love.. that whole room is beautiful!

Carrie Ann Eddleman said...

Oh so lovely. Yet another reason I'm starting to crave a vacation from my color filled home. Great choices, thanks for sharing them.

Jennie said...

I love those last 4 the best, too- especially the 3rd from last. I think we may have very similar taste :))

Lisa said...

I think your style...after looking at your living room...is...SARAHWONDERFUL! I have been trying to name my style according to the latest and greatest magazines...but I am lost in that department! It is some of all of them! You have a beautiful style Sarah and an eye as to where things go...and my rooms? have dictated themselves...they seem to have known what to look like all along...without any help from me... since I am decorating retarded! LOL! I have saved a lot of the same pictures you have...just love the serenity..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...