Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Flea Market Style Fireplace Mantel

The tree and Christmas decor is down, and I've got my mantel setup until I switch it up for spring/summer.  I kept it light and airy with a vintage twist to keep it interesting.  I love to hit up garage sales and antique stores for neutral pieces so that I can mix it up throughout the year while still maintaining a cohesive look (and my budget).  The key to decorating with neutrals is to layer different textures and heights.



Josh & I found the mirror propped against a neighbor's trash while taking a walk one day.  We  snagged that bad boy and slapped on a coat of antique white paint.  I am not too proud to take someone else's trash and turn it into my treasure.  Consider it "green".


I got the mercury glass finial in a TJ Maxx clearance aisle for a couple dollars.  The large glass cloche came from Marshall's and is a staple in all of my decor.  The candle in the glass vase came from a boxed set of decor that included a glass pedestal and river rocks.  Not exactly my style together, but I've re-purposed the pieces.  The glass pedestal now lives in my kitchen and holds my salt & pepper and olive oil.



I purchased the vintage style clock from HauteLook with a referral credit that I had saved.  The metal finial came from a thrift store that I used to love, it's since turned a bit junky.  :(


The "dream" sign was a Christmas gift from etsy last year.  I posted about it here.


I found that old little bird at a garage sale for less than a quarter.  He was a little chipped, but I couldn't pass him up.  The mini cloche that is over him came from an estate sale and I think it probably was meant to house a round of brie.  The large hurricane and candle came from my mom's house.  I'm also not too proud to accept a family member's castoff.  ;)


The white chippy candle holder came from a garage sale and the candle is just a cheapo from Walmart.


I don't know who this lady is, but I adopted her frame and all from a garage sale for less than a quarter.  She used to live in my bathroom etagere but I decided she should be displayed on my mantel.


5 comments:

Jackie Rosenthal said...

You are so talented! It's beautiful! Looks like a magazine!

Fancy said...

Thanks Jackie! <3

Anonymous said...

Good blog! I truly love how it is easy on my eyes and the data are well written. I'm wondering how I could be notified whenever a new post has been made. I have subscribed to your RSS which must do the trick! Have a nice day!
Milwaukee 49-57-1189 Steel Hawg 1-3/16-Inch Diameter 1-Inch Depth Tang Drive Quick Change Annular Cutter

simplyrejoice said...

The place looks so beautifully decorated!
Lovely blog!xoxo
simplyrejoice.blogspot.co.uk

Helen @ pickedandpainted.blogspot.com said...

So cute and I love that mirror. I never would have guessed you found it in the trash....ummm, I mean left behind from your neighbor! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...