1. Take the time to read a book a month. I have a list started, but if you have suggestions, leave them in the comments!
|I just finished this one after Christmas.|
2. Simplify and declutter. I have already started a list of donations as well as a list for Craigslist. I'm tired of digging through a closet of old clothes I don't wear (and I'm talking some pieces that I've had since high school, I know, I know...). Books I've read, home decor that is no longer my style, etc. I take good care of my "stuff" so sometimes it sticks with me longer than it should.
3. Something I've wanted to do for a LONG time, is transfer all of my pictures onto CDs. I haven't done this in years. It's going to be a huge undertaking. Also, filling all of my empty picture frames.
|August 23, 2008|
4. Eat for my health. There is something about being told you can't have something that makes you REALLY want it. I dream of salads and grapes...and sushi... I want to eat more fresh foods and cook at home more frequently.
5. Exercise more. I don't love cardio. But I am going to at least get down with my Just Dance game and take walks when the weather is nice. If I forget to close my curtains and you see me flailing around my living room, keep driving... I have a lot of work to do to build my endurance up to what it used to be pre-ginorm chest tumor.
6. Spend more time on Fancy, even after I go back to work. It has been a great outlet for me these last few months.
7. Blog once a week-ish. I'm not going to make any promises.
8. Finish the second floor of our home by the end of 2012. This will mostly be a Josh thing, but I am hoping to help more when I am done with treatments. He has been very diligent and working up there when he has time.
9. Have a little vegetable garden. I started one last year right before my life turned into chaos. Needless to say, that didn't last long.
10. Dig up the monstrosity that is my backyard. The previous owners left remnants of their pool and surrounding plants. Time to rent a bobcat and dig it all up. It's seriously a jungle by July.
11. Do a daily devotional or read the bible daily. I already have the book on my nightstand, just need to stick with it.
12. After all of the people who reached out to me these last several months, I really want to spend more time helping others, outside of my job.
Happy New Year and be safe!