Tuesday, December 30, 2008
Wednesday, December 17, 2008
Sunday, December 7, 2008
Wednesday, December 3, 2008
Monday, December 1, 2008
If you enter the code anytime during the 4 day period, a refund for shipping will be sent to your paypal account.
Considering the hectic weekend, I ask for your patience with refunds. I will do my best to complete them within 24 hours of the payment being received.
Wednesday, November 26, 2008
Monday, November 24, 2008
Things to Do for Thanksgiving
- Volunteer at a soup kitchen.
- Invite a friend for dinner that would be spending the holiday alone.
- Send a thank you card to the troops.
- Watch the Thanksgiving Day parade.
- Donate canned goods to a local food shelter.
- Have your kids make place cards while the turkey is in the oven.
- Play a game of flag football.
- Tell your family what you are thankful for around the table or keep a thanksgiving journal documenting each family members' comments through the years.
- Take a walk after dinner.
- Set up a craft table for kids to make turkeys out of construction paper and pine cones. Have coloring sheets available for younger kids.
- Draw names for Christmas gifts.
- Play games with your family. (Catch Phrase is a favorite of ours)
- Watch a Christmas movie.
- Jot down gift ideas while everyone is together to make Christmas shopping easier, especially for those taking advantage of Black Friday sales.
- Bring leftovers to an elderly neighbor.
Friday, November 21, 2008
Wednesday, November 19, 2008
Friday, November 14, 2008
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
My mom made their bows in aboout 5 minutes. Wish I had those skills!
Caramel apples dipped in chocolate and pecans.
Chili with cheese cut with a cookie cutter.
Mummy dogs. Tried adding mustard eyes but it looked like a cyclops!
Monday, November 3, 2008
Friday, October 31, 2008
-Fannie Stearns Davis
Wednesday, October 29, 2008
When we arrived there was a plate full of cookies waiting for us on the table. In the kitchenette area, they had hot chocolate, coffee, oatmeal, cold cereal, and bottled water.
The last picture is of the screened porch. There was also a fire pit in the back yard but we didn't get to use it. Staying the night here was like taking a step back in time. And breakfast was delicious! For more information go to their website.
Friday, October 17, 2008
Thursday, October 16, 2008
Tuesday, October 14, 2008
Monday, October 13, 2008
1. Decide what you want to spell out on your banner. If you don't have much time, you can do "Boo", I chose to do "Trick or Treat".
2. I used a scalloped square punch on orange construction paper, approximately 2x2 inches. I would recommend using cardstock and if you don't have a punch you could just do clean lines or use fancy scissors.
3. I used black cardstock with silver sparkles for the second layer, cut the same amount but slightly larger so there is a border around the orange.
4. I used a punch on the corners but it is not necessary.
5. I didn't have an alphabet stamp set that was large enough, so I just handwrote my letters. You could use stickers, cut outs, etc.
6. I did not have to glue my orange pieces because of the punched corners, but you might need or want to.
7. Here are all of the pieces laid out.
8. The next step would have been to select a third coordinating paper and cut it twice the length and slightly wider, again making sure there would be a border.
9. Fold third piece in half, and insert a length of ribbon spacing out each piece to your liking and glue in place.
10. Finish by affixing the lettered pieces to the ones attached to the ribbon. Display and enjoy!