Friday, July 16, 2010

Christmas in July

 
It happens every July.  When the hot and sticky St. Louis summer has done me in, I get Christmas fever.  I start humming carols and worrying about where I'll put my ginormous Christmas tree.  I spend my "free time" flipping through December magazine issues from years past and searching every craft website I can remember for inspiration.  

What gifts can I make this year?  Recipes?  Decorations?  Will I finally have the guts and time to join the Christmas Choir or just belt out my very favorite songs from the congregation?  Oh Christmas, such a hectic time of year.  I like to start preparing early so that I can enjoy every last minute of Tacky Sweater party bliss and baking cookies with my family. 

I have some alone time this weekend, so I am going to start my crazy search.  Do you have any ideas or inspiration for me?  I'm going to go spend some time with my BFF Martha.  Merry Christmas (in July)!

1 comment:

Carrie Ann Eddleman said...

Oh wow, you are putting me to shame. I can only get so far as halloween and fall right now. These hot summer days can really get to a girl. Carrie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...