1 cup fresh strawberries, sliced into small pieces
1 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
3/4 cup white sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 tablespoons ground flax meal
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9 x 5 loaf pan.
2. Combine flour, sugar, cinnamon, salt, flax, and baking soda in large bowl and mix well.
3. Beat the eggs into the oil, then add the strawberries and mix well.
4. Add strawberry mixture to flour mixture, mix together until the batter is even.
5. Stir in chocolate chips.
6. Pour the mixture into the loaf pan. Bake for 40-45 minutes, until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
7. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes.
8. Remove from pan and cool completely on a wire rack.
I found this recipe online, and it's a great way to use up strawberries. The texture is kind of crumbly, and it didn't slice well for me. But it did taste good! I may have added a little more chocolate chips than called for. :) Enjoy!